• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Liam

Liam

• Approved Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

Hi all,

First off any update re the heading hold problem my A346 has, say at 180 IAS flaps 2  under Heading hold (not Vnav), it will overshoot the selected headging 10 degrees? It seems to bank awfully far over, then not come out of the turn in time.

Secondly when online using SB3 I have noticed that say, after a few hours, if you go to change views the sound like takes a while to catch up and slows down the frame rates alot. Is this "tunneling"?

This doesn't happen when I just use AI so it has something to do with Sqwarkbox, so I suppose my question is, anyone else noticed this, and would using the smaller sound package fix it?

Other than all that having fun.

Liam.

#2 Liam

Liam

• Approved Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

I suppose I shall answer this myself as no one from CLS seems to want to touch this. I first reported this bug on March 26th in this thread re the heading hold overshoot http://www.commercia...?showtopic=3763

I did everything, included a flightplan etc but have heard nothing in 4 months, even though I have emailed CLS and have posted the question again in the forum.

Not good enough I am afraid

#3 Warren

Warren

CLS Member

• Administrators
  • 3344 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Again, it all depends on your flightplan, and your weight.

Did I ask you to send me a copy of your flight plan?

Also, what was your gross weight at flaps 2, 180 knots?
Commercial Level Simulations

Putting the best simulator knowledge and experience to work for you!

Note: No affiliation to any airline, air carrier, or manufacturer is implied or inferred. All copyrights, trademarks, and servicemarks are the property of their respective owners.

#4 Liam

Liam

• Approved Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

I sent you an email march 26th or 27th with my flightplan and the aircraft weight etc. You replied saying you would take a look, that was the last I heard.

#5 Liam

Liam

• Approved Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

Just curious does anyone else have this problem where the a346 overshoots it's selected heading by as much as 20 degrees before coming out of the turn?

#6 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts
  • Interests:Aviation

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

As far as I can tell you are the only one reporting this problem.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#7 Liam

Liam

• Approved Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

So what can I do about it? Can you give me a weight where this won't happen as I have tried zero pax and cargo and full with varying amounts between the two and it still does it.

#8 Warren

Warren

CLS Member

• Administrators
  • 3344 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:03 AM

Sound tunneling is tied to your sound card. I personally do not have this problem, but have read on various forums that you must update your XP or (heaven help you) Vista drivers.

As for weight, typically you should be at or under the Max Landing Weight on approach to any airport.

The lower your weight, the less of a chance for you to overshoot.

(The true aircraft also overshoots btw, depending on the condition)

Putting the best simulator knowledge and experience to work for you!

Note: No affiliation to any airline, air carrier, or manufacturer is implied or inferred. All copyrights, trademarks, and servicemarks are the property of their respective owners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users