• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 palafox

palafox

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

Hi,

The question is that the plane tends to veer to left spontaneously. This issues doesn't seem related to joystick calibration (disabling it doesn't change anything) nor a differential thrust. Setting the ailerons trimmer corrects the problem to some extent, but is not a definitive solution.

Any hint, please?

JAMM

#2 Warren

Warren

CLS Member

• Administrators
  • 3344 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:42 PM

By any chance, are you using a Swatek controller?

I have seen this happen to me, where my planes go streight, then a short time later, just veers left for no reason. This happens with any plane, not just the CLS planes. I have a Swatek X52 controller and throttle.

In my case, what I found is that somehow one of the little trim knobs on my controller or thottle had been twisted. I believe it was a rudder trim knob, although I'm not clear which knob it was. This has happened to me twice. There are knobs for rudder and aileron trim.

Do this....

Go into your setup utility program which came with your (Swatek) controller. Verify it's sitting in the middle, neutral. Move around to make sure it's in the center. Trim the knobs until you're straightened out.

Hope this helps. In my case, it was definately the controller after taking it out of a box, or getting nudged somehow.
Commercial Level Simulations

Putting the best simulator knowledge and experience to work for you!

Note: No affiliation to any airline, air carrier, or manufacturer is implied or inferred. All copyrights, trademarks, and servicemarks are the property of their respective owners.

#3 palafox

palafox

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

Hi, Warren

Many thanks for the quick response.

QUOTE (Warren @ Sep 14 2007, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By any chance, are you using a Swatek controller?

I have seen this happen to me, where my planes go streight, then a short time later, just veers left for no reason. This happens with any plane, not just the CLS planes. I have a Swatek X52 controller and throttle.

Too bad, I think this is not the case. It doesn't seem to be a controller-related issue: in fact, it happens both with the joystick enabled or disabled (BTW, mine it's a Saitek Aviator). Further it doesn't appear when flying other aircrafts, just with this nice bird.

Though I can live with this, as most of the time -with the exception of the take off and the final approach- I fly the plane thru the autopilot and pushing buttons, it's a nuisance. I do love this little gem and the concept behind it.

#4 Warren

Warren

CLS Member

• Administrators
  • 3344 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

Assuming your Saitek controller is not mistrimmed, the plane should go straight, unless you're giving some sort of rudder input.

1) are you using your rudder?

and

2) do you have auto rudder disabled on FSX / FS9?

Putting the best simulator knowledge and experience to work for you!

Note: No affiliation to any airline, air carrier, or manufacturer is implied or inferred. All copyrights, trademarks, and servicemarks are the property of their respective owners.

#5 palafox

palafox

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hi, Warren.

First I would to apologize for the delay. I've been rather busy for some weeks; it happens to me from time to time.
About the problem with the BizJet:

QUOTE (Warren @ Sep 16 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assuming your Saitek controller is not mistrimmed, the plane should go straight, unless you're giving some sort of rudder input.
1) are you using your rudder?

Yes, it includes a twist rudder control and I use it mainly for taxiing

QUOTE (Warren @ Sep 16 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2) do you have auto rudder disabled on FSX / FS9?

Not, it's enabled, at least until I get my rudder pedals

Further:
- this problem happens just with the CLS Bizjet, and not with any other craft
- the problem appears even when using keyboard controls, and no joystick is connected
- My system specs:
Windows 2000 SP4 Spanish
MS Flight Simulator 2004 Spanish, patched to 9.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the best VLJ for FS9 out there, no doubt, but this problem is annoying.

Thanks in advance,

JAMM

#6 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts
  • Interests:Aviation

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

could this perhaps be that the engines arent running the same power on your machine?

I had problems like this before on FS9, with other aircraft, but it pretty much just disappeared after time. So thats not very helping.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#7 palafox

palafox

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Albert_Bouwman @ Nov 5 2007, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
could this perhaps be that the engines arent running the same power on your machine?

I had problems like this before on FS9, with other aircraft, but it pretty much just disappeared after time. So thats not very helping.

Thank you, Albert, for the hint.

Apparently the N1% and ITTēC values for both engines read the same all the time. Thrust for both is set by a single lever. Also I have examined the air file with Airwrench and apparently everything is fine.
Is there any other way to verify that engines aren't running the same power?

Thanks again,

JAMM

#8 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts
  • Interests:Aviation

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:38 AM

nop cant think of one.

I have no clue left on this one!
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#9 toasty34

toasty34

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (palafox @ Sep 14 2007, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

The question is that the plane tends to veer to left spontaneously. This issues doesn't seem related to joystick calibration (disabling it doesn't change anything) nor a differential thrust. Setting the ailerons trimmer corrects the problem to some extent, but is not a definitive solution.

Any hint, please?

JAMM

I have the same problem, but mine veers to the right. I was living with because it seemed to just occur while taxing, until I was taking off recently in VATSIM, when it veered so severely that I over corrected with rudder and took off from the grass. So I thought I might need to look into this. I have FSX and I have auto rudder enabled. I tried it disabled, and it still veered. It doesn't look like there is a fix though. Have to be real careful on windy days, seems to make it worse. I also have a Saitek controller, the st290 6 button basic controller. Love the plane, the only other complaint is having to cycle through the transponder for a high squawk code. By the way this is my first post on any forum, so if I did something incorrect, I apologize.

#10 Jonathan

Jonathan

StarCaptain

• Members
  • 2013 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hey, nope you didn't do anything wrong....biggrin.gif

The business jet is a small jet, so yes, extra attention have to be taken to control this small plane.
Best Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users