Fuel Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gfinn12_*

Guest_gfinn12_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

I have the MD81/82 Jetliner and the fuel only pumps from the left tank and when it runs dry, I can't switch to any other tanks. I tried re installing multiple times, and tried to re install service pack 2. I tried running the FDE manager but it says that the plane can't be located on my computer.

I thought I had fixed it by clicking around the buttons, but that didn't work ever again.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!- I flew it once and I loved it and I want to fly it again!

Edited by gfinn12, 21 November 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#2 Eric

Eric

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

I see no one has ever replied to this topic and a similar situation happened to me today. Flew from DCA to ORD and about 30 miles from ORD the left fuel tank ran dry. I fully expected the left engine to flame out but it didn't. Apparently the left engine uses 10x the fuel of the right engine even though the engine instruments show identical consumption figures. I am going to test some more but so far I haven't found anything.

The Just Flight B737 had a similar problem which was caused by an incorrect number in the aircraft.cfg file. But nothing is obvious in the one for the MD81.

#3 Eric

Eric

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

As a further update, fuel is being drawn from the left tank even when the #1 engine is shut down. This occurs when the crossfeed is turned off and then are no other systems in use. It puzzles my Real World flight engineer friend as well. I have had this add-on for quite a while and don't understand why I never noticed it before. At first I thought perhaps the Start Pump was sucking fuel out but that is not happening either.

It makes it rather difficult to plan a flight when the left tank is drawing fuel at ten times the rate of the right one. As I stated earlier, the Engine panel shows both engines with identical Fuel Flow numbers - just ten times the rate is drawn down from the left tank. It is almost like there is a fuel leak somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users