• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyclopian

Cyclopian

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hello all:

Due to multiple issues with FSX in WinXP 32 bit (including many OOM errors) I decided to format my drive and install WinXP 64 bit instead hoping this would solve my issues. So far it seems the out-of-memory issues have gone away and I've been able to reinstall my DC-10 and MD series airplanes successfully.

However, with the MD, I'm only able to see the ground in front of me in the 2D panel window. Even when I raise the seat level the view is always downward (towards the ground, instead of forward towards the horizon).

This of course prevents me from seeing ahead in 2D mode and all operations involving movement of the airplane become difficult or impossible.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Also, when I try to reinstall the Airbus A-330 products, I get an "already installed" error even though this a re-formatted drive with a totally fresh install of FSX and WinXP 64.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

regarding your A330, please send an email with your receipt to support@commerciallevel.nl and we will reset your installer.

Do you have a screenshot of the MD80 please ?
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#3 Cyclopian

Cyclopian

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will forward the information you requested.

As for the view angle from the 2D cockpit, I've done some research and discovered that this is a fault in FSX - something Microsoft broke that worked well in FS9.

The remedy....use CTRL Q and CTRL SHIFT Q to change view angle. Merely raising or lowering the seat (which is what I was doing, which worked perfectly in FS9)will hot change your forward view. It just raises the height of the entire cockpit, and the angle remais the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users