MD 80/81 Jetliner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 partyboy9

partyboy9

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

So I have purchased the MD 80/81 jetliner, and it works. But there is one problem. when i try to descent, the the plane won't point "down", Or i can't get the plane to go under the horizontal line. In other word's; It won't descent, witch mean i can't land. So until i know what to do, i can't use the plane. :)

Please help! Thanks

#2 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

so, what means you can´t descend ? manually or automatically ?
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#3 dmbusmc

dmbusmc

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

Trim is your friend, my friend. Use it well. And use it without restraint. (Though, if you have it on autopilot with the VS pegged in the negative and you don't descend then Mr. Friemelt you by far have the floor :D )

#4 NNewcomb

NNewcomb

• Approved Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Flight simulation, drawing planes, collecting model aircraft etc.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

So I have purchased the MD 80/81 jetliner, and it works. But there is one problem. when i try to descent, the the plane won't point "down", Or i can't get the plane to go under the horizontal line. In other word's; It won't descent, witch mean i can't land. So until i know what to do, i can't use the plane. :)

Please help! Thanks

If you're using the autopilot, and altitude hold, you have to set the vertical speed. Depending on how fast you have to get down, use between -1600 and -2200. The lower the number (-2200) the fast you descend. Do not go over -2200. Payware planes are different than default and freeware, you have to do these kind of things manually unlike default where they unrealistically do it for you.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 partyboy9

partyboy9

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

It just manually. I tested it by taking it on a small flight (only 17NM) and i could only climb and fly horizontal.

#6 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

then the plane is not trimmed correctly
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#7 Princinto

Princinto

• Approved Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Pretty girls... airplanes, money, cuties of all race.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Trim your airplane... ailerons, rudder, spoiler, etc... Trim everything, including your tires (me being silly). An airplane that is properly trimmed literally flies itself. Also, check to make sure your airspeed is satisfactory upon approach.

My aim, is my dream, is to aspire, is to make it real; to fly as a Professional Certified Commercial Pilot.

The A340-600 is my number 1 bird

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users