• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 a125

a125

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hi everyone,
I just bought the A340-500/600 and it works well except one thing.
After I open panels and close them using the "Shift" key with the numbers on my keyboard my screen would randomly turn black. I can still hear sounds and am able to click places but it's just completely black and i cant see it and am forced to quit FSX and start over.
This happens at different points randomly while flying and I have to quit once it happens.
I am using FSX and I made sure Direct X 10 is off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum section. If a moderator can please move it to: Airbus A340-500/600

Edited by a125, 16 April 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#2 a125

a125

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Sorry, I posted this topic in the wrong forum area...
If a moderator can please move it to the correct subforum which is:

Airbus A340-500/600

Thanks

#3 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

moved

I have no idea at the moment what could cause this but it sounds to me as if your PC is not capable to handle it. Some more informations about your hardware would be helpful. I also don´t know your ingame settings, maybe they are just too high.
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#4 Princinto

Princinto

• Approved Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Pretty girls... airplanes, money, cuties of all race.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

.... I have experienced the same thing in time pass. Have you downloaded and installed the latest service pack 4 for the A340-500/600? Don't forget to apply the rain fix found on the download page.

Once you've installed service pack 4 that should fix the problem (in expense for a few random crashes thereafter). Try to open all the panels (shift+ -) AFTER all the textures have finished loading (not while one is still loading, etc), and open them one at a time. Bear in mind that with every new add on the A340-500/600 MAY result in a fatal error (when you try to open sift+ - configs), unless this happens though, you just can't escape it. Simply restart your fsx doing nothing else until the crashing has ceased. Before every flight (once all textures have been loaded) try opening the panels once more (shift+ -) ... shift nine may go blank and your sqawk settings messed up, but, you should be able to recover this from ATC.

... it's a downright pain in the bumb, but, once you get your head around it these black screens and fatal errors will become a thing of the past.

PATIENCE you WILL need...

My aim, is my dream, is to aspire, is to make it real; to fly as a Professional Certified Commercial Pilot.

The A340-600 is my number 1 bird

Posted Image

#5 a125

a125

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

moved

I have no idea at the moment what could cause this but it sounds to me as if your PC is not capable to handle it. Some more informations about your hardware would be helpful. I also don´t know your ingame settings, maybe they are just too high.

Here are some of my specs:
Intel Core i7 CPU 3.07 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

Also to my opinion my FSX graphics are not set too high

.... I have experienced the same thing in time pass. Have you downloaded and installed the latest service pack 4 for the A340-500/600? Don't forget to apply the rain fix found on the download page.

Once you've installed service pack 4 that should fix the problem (in expense for a few random crashes thereafter). Try to open all the panels (shift+ -) AFTER all the textures have finished loading (not while one is still loading, etc), and open them one at a time. Bear in mind that with every new add on the A340-500/600 MAY result in a fatal error (when you try to open sift+ - configs), unless this happens though, you just can't escape it. Simply restart your fsx doing nothing else until the crashing has ceased. Before every flight (once all textures have been loaded) try opening the panels once more (shift+ -) ... shift nine may go blank and your sqawk settings messed up, but, you should be able to recover this from ATC.

... it's a downright pain in the bumb, but, once you get your head around it these black screens and fatal errors will become a thing of the past.

PATIENCE you WILL need...

I dont have SP4 installed but i just downloaded it and it said its "Only required for installations before april 20th"... Also it requires a registration code and i dont have one... I bought this from Just Flight (www.justflight.com) and they didn't give me a registration code.

Also why are there all these problems with this aircraft we paid so much for??? This process you're telling me seems frustrating.

Thank you both for your help so far.

#6 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

JustFlight provide their own service packs, so don´t worry. Your PC should be more than capable to handle this bird.
I am a bit clueless at the moment and I don´t know what Princinto is talking of, I have no problems with the A340

I would suggest to send an email to support@commerciallevel.nl with a short description of your problem but since it is the Just Flight version, I can´t promise that we can solve your problem.
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#7 Princinto

Princinto

• Approved Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

.... his PC should be able to handle the A340-500/600...

... Service pack 4 did indeed solve majority of my errors, despite its time span from April 20th...

You''ll have to contact just flight about your registration/license key which should have been sent to you via email...

My aim, is my dream, is to aspire, is to make it real; to fly as a Professional Certified Commercial Pilot.

Posted Image

#8 a125

a125

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Do you think if i can get a refund back from Just Flight and buy the same A340-500/600 from the CLS website that it would be any different? Or would I come across the same problem?

#9 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

I don´t know because I don´t know if or what Just Flight has changed on the A340. There is no guarantee.
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#10 Princinto

Princinto

• Approved Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

a125, add me on here https://www.facebook...100003490832242 if you're on there... and I'll see what I can do to help. I bought the A340-500/600 from just flight as well, only because I wanted the virtual cabin not provided by CLS.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users