767 Takeoff Trim Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 william

william

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Am thinking about picking up the 767 and wanted to ask something. I watched the Take Off Trim video for the 767 Warren made and found it very interesting and helpful. I noticed he mentioned using something like 2 degrees nose down trim for takeoff...ok. I know the 747 is a different aircraft but I use a bit of up trim for takeoff depending on weight...don't know about using down trim though for takeoff. Is up or down trim for takeoff aircraft dependant?

I also noticed what Warren said about using trim during flight without the autopilot...like a poor mans autopilot. I have to agree with that and feel exactly the same way...I can almost fly using trim alone and it's very close to what the autopilot does...almost kind of. :) It's something I always wondered about and wasn't sure if it was the correct way or not but it sure makes flying smoother...alot smoother. Warren also mentioned in the video if I understood correctly that it's not done that way yet in commericial simulators...did I understand that right and what does that mean?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

William

#2 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

err, if I am right, it should be up trim, otherwise you won´t be able to get off the ground
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#3 william

william

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

That's what I thought but he said "down trim"...maybe just a mistake.

William

#4 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

maybe it is a bit mistakable, the 767 has a trim indicator and when the indicator moves downwards, it means nose up
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#5 william

william

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think most aircraft do that in FS...an oversight I think...like the compass moves backwards or reverse. Not the fault of CLS or other developers...the program was built like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users