first I had some problems in understanding how to configure the dme updates;
think the documentation is a little bit missleading cause actually there's no
correlation between stored waypoints and stored dme-coordinates.
For me it's convenient to confiugure dme-updates pre-flight as follows.
1. looking for dme close enough my planned route.
2. when ins is aligned an i'm in nav mode switch to mode 4; update enabled
3. enter the first 9 - if there are as much - dme coordinates (after
4. when on route and navaids for departure route no longer needed
check whether i've reception of the first dme
5. if yes, check whether dme and calculated distance in ins are close
6. activate this dme for update (rc79/wypch/#of dme/insert)
7. put frequency of next dme to nav2
8. when nav2 begins to beep and is already closer than nav 1
rc57/select next stored dme/check distance/switch nav1 to new frequency/goto point 6
when out of range of any dme switch to mode 5 to avoid error message, when back
in range of dme select this and try to update, if not working clear ins-updates
and perform a manual update at next upcoming navaid
HTH and best regards
Edited by steffzt, 24 October 2007 - 09:54 AM.