Loading Flight Plan into INS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trailboss

Trailboss

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

I've studied the tutorial and tried to follow the steps exactly, but I can't get a flight plan to load into the CDU. I'll list my steps, and please advise if you see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Start FSX, default fllight is a previous DC-10 flight.
2. Hit "Fly now"
3. When the flight is opened (engines running and powered up, previous flight plan active) I check that the INS knob on the overhead panel is set to NAV
4. On the FSX menu I select FLIGHTS, and then FLIGHT PLANNER
5. When PLANNER opens I select LOAD; the list of saved flight plans opens and I select the one I want to load. I click the flight plan.
6. I go back to flight planner screen, I select OK.
7. If I open NAVIGATION LOG or KNEEBOARD the installed flight plan is there.
8. I click on the CDU and the coordinates for the departure airport are there, but the B-II switch only has 0 and 1. If I go to 1 and WAY PT, the coordinates are all 0s and there are no other checkpoints in the system.

I'm running XP with SP1 and 2; FSX with SP1 and SP2. I installed the DC-10 program from a download and then downloaded the INS file and installed it a day later. Other functions of the INS and its interface with the autopilot are working correctly.

I'll appreciate any help anyone can give me.

#2 peteauau

peteauau

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

I've studied the tutorial and tried to follow the steps exactly, but I can't get a flight plan to load into the CDU. I'll list my steps, and please advise if you see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Start FSX, default fllight is a previous DC-10 flight.
2. Hit "Fly now"
3. When the flight is opened (engines running and powered up, previous flight plan active) I check that the INS knob on the overhead panel is set to NAV
4. On the FSX menu I select FLIGHTS, and then FLIGHT PLANNER
5. When PLANNER opens I select LOAD; the list of saved flight plans opens and I select the one I want to load. I click the flight plan.
6. I go back to flight planner screen, I select OK.
7. If I open NAVIGATION LOG or KNEEBOARD the installed flight plan is there.
8. I click on the CDU and the coordinates for the departure airport are there, but the B-II switch only has 0 and 1. If I go to 1 and WAY PT, the coordinates are all 0s and there are no other checkpoints in the system.

I'm running XP with SP1 and 2; FSX with SP1 and SP2. I installed the DC-10 program from a download and then downloaded the INS file and installed it a day later. Other functions of the INS and its interface with the autopilot are working correctly.

I'll appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Hi there engines should not be running if u havnt align the ins yet. also load the flight plan first b4 u turn on the ins switch from off to nav than u shud get a box saying do u want to load the first 9 weigh points in u get option yes or no. There is a gud tutorial on this in this forum in earlier thread have a look or go to u tube and google ins it will bring up on how to use the ins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users