747-200 Vc Panel Issues

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 robwilco2

robwilco2

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

when reinstalling are you using the latest package from us, or are you using the original installer which you received when you purchased the aircraft?

Can you verify:
- DX10 is OFF
- FSX service pack 1 and 2 installed
- Reinstalled 747 using latest download (which is a 400mb zip file including the installer and NO download manager)

Hi, Purchased download Jan 29 2011
DX10 Off
FSX acceleration all sevice packs
Download zip 402mb
I Download main file and asked to not forget the cargo manager so I download that after main file
Like the other person the FMC and dash not a problem when I uninstall and reinstall but a couple of more times playing FSX the see through dash and FMC no textures.
Just reinstalled again, VC looks good for now but still can't load the Fedex Cargo.
Without downloading any Liveries is there supposed to be 24 CLS Aicraft and the 4 Phantom images of 747-300s total 28 Aircraft when I open the FSX CLS aircraft menu?
Thanks,
Rob

#32 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts
  • Interests:Aviation

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

I am running some tests to see if I can understand what you guys are talking about.

So first the regular installer. Provides 12 thumbnails, all in good order. They all seem to work fine.

Now the cargo pack. That indeed brings another 12 good thumbnails, 24 in total. However the -300M in both engine variants is missing the texture.cfg and thumbnail.jpg thus these show as missing thumbnail and partly black paint. 24 good ones, 4 corrupted, total 28.

Above is a rather easy fix, but for this purpose not important as the following step is installing FedEx. Be right back.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Commercial Level Simulations
Posted Image

#33 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

right, Fedex was messed up. Redownload using the livery manager, (remove the livery first) and install again. Will work now.

Any others?

Please note here the product works. But some repaints seem to be messed up. So please be specified in your problems. For example a black VC means a missing texture.cfg in the livery files.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#34 robwilco2

robwilco2

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

I am running some tests to see if I can understand what you guys are talking about.

So first the regular installer. Provides 12 thumbnails, all in good order. They all seem to work fine.

Now the cargo pack. That indeed brings another 12 good thumbnails, 24 in total. However the -300M in both engine variants is missing the texture.cfg and thumbnail.jpg thus these show as missing thumbnail and partly black paint. 24 good ones, 4 corrupted, total 28.

Above is a rather easy fix, but for this purpose not important as the following step is installing FedEx. Be right back.

Hi Albert,
yes 12 all work fine
yes cargo loads another 12 =24 IN TOTAL
28 including the 4 aircraft images with a question mark ? on the image PWINS/ PW FMC/ RR INS/ RR FMS

robert

#35 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

yes thats correct. But they are white paints anyway. If you install any livery for these models it will be fine.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#36 Joeflyer

Joeflyer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

I bought this product through Flightsim.com and after moving from FS9 to FSX, I re-downloaded from Flightsim.com yesterday to install in FSX Gold. The product installed correctly but after installing 5 -200 liveries (one at a time), I installed the FedEx cargo livery and found the FMC textures and middle panel textures missing...as described in earlier posts. The installer I got from Flightsim.com indicated it was the latest service pack. At any rate, I uninstalled the entire package. I don't need this headache and I shouldn't have to start rummaging through .ini or texture files to find out what in the heck is going on with this package. And, since I prefer to use the FMC, I'm not sure if those .ini edits will actually work.

So, my questions are:

1) Should I not use Flightsim.com's installer? If not, where should I go to get the CORRECT package?
2) Is this going to be an ongoing problem with CLS's liveries?
3) Anyone ever check the liveries to ensure there aren't any fouled or missing textures before putting them out
there for people to install?

Yes, I'm using Win 7 64 bit :P

#37 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Send your license key to support@commerciallevel.nl and we will send you our own package.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#38 volkerjacob

volkerjacob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

Hello,

i have the same Problem as at the beginning of this thread - the ini files are fine.
I have the latest file with SP3 installed –- use FSX with Win7_64
regards

Volker

#39 flyingcolors

flyingcolors

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

I have both the download version and the cd version (thought to buy cd version and see if problem still occurs) of cls 747-200/300 and I have installed both on three new builds (1 Vista 64b and 2 Win 7 64b machines) and everytime I get this problem I do the texture fix and other things indicated in this thread. That fixes it for a bit (seems like four to six weeks), and then the problem ALWAYS comes back to the original problem that started the thread, a missing texture around the HDG/NAV/APR/BC selector. Three completely new builds all with fresh win install and it has happened on every one over as many years. This is a recurring problem still some 3.5 yrs after first reported.

#40 RoadRunner07

RoadRunner07

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hello CLS,

I have a problem:
One day I use one 747-200 livery and everything is fine, the next day I use exactly the same livery and I get a see-through VC as in the very first post in this thread.

This is with the following aircraft:
type: 747-200 INS, with my 747 setup file of 17 March 2011, which is fine, or should I request a newer one?
engine type: PW
Aircraft livery: That does not matter, I have this problem not only with one livery. After a reinstall, the 747-200 (and the INS Virtual Cockpit) is perfect again.

The liveries are not "destroying" my VC, they are not bad. For example, I installed SAS Scandinavian, which I converted from fs9 to fsx, and it's brilliant. A nice INS VC and it's such a nice bird.

There are some changes between one "fine" flight with a perfect VC and the next flight with a see-through VC. But are these changes "bad"? The last changes that I remember are:
You can install a payware airport after you've installed your 747-200.
You can change the date/the time/the season after you've already started your B742 flight.
You can "reset" your 747-200 INS because (at least my) INS does not perform 100% of the starting sequence.
To reset your 747-200 INS when you have a saved flight with all engines off, you can try to load exactly the same jet that you've saved before (from the inflight menu).

I use FSX "Gold Edition" on Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users