Finding Alt For Update Of Ins

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peteauau

peteauau

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hi now i found out how to update the ins, on route just followed the ins tutorial in the forum but was wondering what the easist way to find the height of the vor since u need to add the height, i have been guessing the height since i have been picking vors near airports and since airport have alt on the map i have been guessing but it seems to work

Hi was wondering the easist way to find the vor alt, i been looking at the map than guess the vor height to put in the ins update

#2 Angelique

Angelique

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi now i found out how to update the ins, on route just followed the ins tutorial in the forum but was wondering what the easist way to find the height of the vor since u need to add the height, i have been guessing the height since i have been picking vors near airports and since airport have alt on the map i have been guessing but it seems to work

Hi was wondering the easist way to find the vor alt, i been looking at the map than guess the vor height to put in the ins update

Could you give us some more information like at which altitude are you flying? I suppose this is not related to the INS question?
Kind regards,

Angelique van Campen
Commercial Level Simulations

Posted Image

#3 peteauau

peteauau

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

hi there height doesnt come in effect in updating the ins.Usually when i update the ins is half way point ( so iam about fl300) when it become over 6 the accuacy number in the ins so when ever i see that i get the 6 or above i do the update whcih brings the accuacy number down to 1. To do this u need to input the co-ordinates of the vor and u need to input the freq in the nav 1 and the height of the vor, so my question is finding the co-ordinates is easy since i already have them when i load the flight plan in the ins but i havnt got the height, so was wondering whats the easiest way to find the height other than guessing roughly which i have been doing but it seems to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users