Autoland

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_sulu600_*

Guest_sulu600_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (KLM SEA-AMS @ Feb 27 2006, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the aircraft to follow the localizer but how do I get it to follow the Glideslope? I always have trouble with this.

It follows the ILS Loc and GS, however you have to select the "LOC" button first, then you are able to select the "APR" button. I will let you know how it work's in Hong Kong after a flight real time there from JFK.

Steve Park

#12 Guest_A340_pilot_*

Guest_A340_pilot_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (sulu600 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Page 30 in the Ops manual does not explain Where/When to select LOC or APP. It does not explain where or how to tune the ILS receiver (Nav 1 in the case of the A346) or where to set the course. Autoland is not supposed to require input from the PF for thing's like flare, throttle retard, Autothrottle disengage. The Beast autoland's ok, if, and only if, you call tracking the ILS Loc and GS is the only requirement of an autoland.....I think hitting the runway at 600-700 Feet Per Min is more of a controled crash. For an Autoland to function, both AP1 and AP2 must be selected, however, this is not possible in the CLS A340, it just switches from 1 to 2 and back again. Manual's need less pictures and more system's explaination's and example's.

Steve Park

So let me get this straight.. The CLS A340 does NOT flare when using the autoland mode??? ohmy.gif unsure.gif

#13 Bry

Bry

StarCaptain

• Approved Member
  • 1329 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

No. Neither do any of the default aircraft Microsoft themselves put into their own game/simulator.

#14 Guest_samrec_*

Guest_samrec_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

But you can make it flare.

Hold your flaps up a bit from the actual selected down position a tad or two and then pull them out to full, this will cause the plane (the nose in this case) to raise a bit an for a short time will seems like the plane did flare.

I have done some rough (terrain challenged) approaches with the A346 and the autoland had never failed me.

cheers sam

#15 Warren

Warren

CLS Member

• Administrators
  • 3344 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:12 AM

For the CLS Autoland FAQ, please see your ops manual and our online FAQ:

http://www.commercia...p...&artlang=en
Commercial Level Simulations

Putting the best simulator knowledge and experience to work for you!

Note: No affiliation to any airline, air carrier, or manufacturer is implied or inferred. All copyrights, trademarks, and servicemarks are the property of their respective owners.

#16 Francis E.

Francis E.

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Bry @ Nov 2 2006, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Neither do any of the default aircraft Microsoft themselves put into their own game/simulator.

Hi Bry... I have been an avid FS hobbyist and starting aviation photography as well... I love CLS products and I do have the A340-500/600,
the DC-10, the A300-600, as well your latest A330/340....

I do have other add-ons from other publishers like Abacus, Capt. Sim, and Wilco... and I would say that CLS has been my favorite in terms of models and
liveries as well as the simplicity of flying the planes...

As what one member here was asking regarding the auto Flare, there is one publisher that i know that almost does the FBW of the airbus and that
is from Wilco,  I do have their Airbus Volume 1 deluxe, and their planes simulate quite a few of the airbus' features, like the FMGS, the throttle, the AP disengage when you try to oversteer the stick, and some more... they do have the autoflare feature of airbus, and it does prompt you of that the plane is flaring already.

No offense CLS, but I think Wilco has produced a more complex model of the airbus FBW.  I like flying the A320 as well, but not as much as the A340's and A330's and thats why I fly more CLS planes.

I think the CLS planes are developed for those who want to enjoy flying with ease at the same time, have a very good view of the plane models from the outside without any much decrease in FPS.

Overall, I would give CLS an 8.5 rating.  I just love the planes!

#17 djespo

djespo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (KLM SEA-AMS @ Feb 27 2006, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the aircraft to follow the localizer but how do I get it to follow the Glideslope? I always have trouble with this.

have LOC and ILS active in the autopilot, and your ND in ILS mode. when you see that the GS is active (the magenta square left on the ND showing GS position moving down vertically), press APR to follow the glideslope smile.gif

#18 jomni

jomni

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Had trouble in my GS during the last fight. GS intercept at 2k feet. It was just stuck in the middle and APR does not seem to activate.

#19 whizone01

whizone01

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I am still not clear on something, how do you set the course?

#20 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

there is a knob in the middle console

Posted Image
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image