Landing On Glideslope,.. Then Cr@xx#p

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TonyP

TonyP

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

I'm on glideslope, Approach-on, GPS is off, got my speedbrake activiated,other than my SPD Mode switch being on other autopilot controls are off and then when setting my Landing gear down, my EHSI goes out (blank). What am I doing wrong? Coming in too fast? I usually end-up crashing just short of the runway. Sometimes I end-up overiding the autopilot and raise my nose to land, but can't seem to do it with the approach-on, I lose altitude and crash just before the runway threshhold.

#2 moody1g

moody1g

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

I'm on glideslope, Approach-on, GPS is off, got my speedbrake activiated,other than my SPD Mode switch being on other autopilot controls are off and then when setting my Landing gear down, my EHSI goes out (blank). What am I doing wrong? Coming in too fast? I usually end-up crashing just short of the runway. Sometimes I end-up overiding the autopilot and raise my nose to land, but can't seem to do it with the approach-on, I lose altitude and crash just before the runway threshhold.

They won't admit that there is a problem with this aircraft. It flies beautifully, lands like crap. There is a definate problem with trim that CLS simply will not address.

#3 higgi91

higgi91

Captain

• CLS_member
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

Download the EZ (easy) flight dynamics and it will fly perfect (or at least for me anyway).

Dan.
Posted Image

#4 TonyP

TonyP

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

Dan, I really don't want to fly EZ flight dynamics, I'd rather fly as realistically as possible. Can't figure-out why this is happening, is moody1g accurate that there's a bug in the program that's causing this? Maybe someone from CLS can provide an answer.

#5 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts
  • Interests:Aviation

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

The FDE is fine. Our flight dynamics guy is currently not much available so its hard for me to see whats going wrong. Have you tried the flight tutorial?
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Commercial Level Simulations
Posted Image

#6 moody1g

moody1g

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Dan, I really don't want to fly EZ flight dynamics, I'd rather fly as realistically as possible. Can't figure-out why this is happening, is moody1g accurate that there's a bug in the program that's causing this? Maybe someone from CLS can provide an answer.

If there is not a flight dynamics(trim) problem with the CLS model, why is it that I can land every other aircraft without problems? It doesn't make sense to me, that my skill just craps out with one plane. Can CLS explain this?

#7 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

Obviously we cant explain that, we cannot see what goes wrong during the approach and landing. All we can do is provide examples like the videos and the flight tutorial.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

#8 Mutley

Mutley

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hi, thanks for the wonderful model, but i am too, not able to land the aircraft properly (after 3 flights and i dont know how many trys, interchanging various fde / aircraft configs from other sim groups). I have aircraft in my hanger that have far more complicated systems modeling and have always had no problems in the handleing, so after hours / days of thinking it must be "just me" i think its time to voice concern, as its getting frustrating doing flights like LOWW-KJFK and upon landing bouncing your way down the runway until the aircraft manages to grind to halt, on the glideslope, particulary as the GPWS proximity alerts are being given (300, 200 etc) eyes should be constantly checking and reading all dials on the panel... now i divert my eyes for one short moment and i loose 30-50 knots (i take the auto throttle off for last part on the final, using only very small adjustments to maintain speed, on any other aircraft this is not a problem) the speed is all over the place, i look up at 148 -150 knots, i look down to read the instruments, look up and its reading 118, then suddenly stall... ditched again... retry... ok make it to runway... boing... bounce... please let me land this vehicle in a good way, frustrating after a long flight, and am 90% sure its not me, please can you identify this problem because its reducing my enjoyment... (like i said i tried to replace fde / air.cfgs, and no joy.. can only presume its the model somehow... and to me that isnt right) guess i could look out this "easy" flight dynamics (went to look and couldnt find) but like whats written above, why would we want easy? suppose if theres a chance to land, then thats worth it, but after cheking things out, unless its a change in the model aswell, i dont think it would make a much of a change... i hope my post makes good sense and is put in the right place.. hope this issue gets recognised and a solution gets found, i can provide any more information if its nessesary, to help resolve this issue, thanks in advance,

Mutley

#9 Mutley

Mutley

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

also after reading if this is a trim issue... and if it is more like this in real life, then some visual reference on the panel or... wait again i dont have this problem with other much-more complicated fs aircraft, thought this was part of the f-lite range? being one reason i bought it, was wanting something to sit back with rather than deal with something strangely complicated!

Mutley

#10 Albert_Bouwman

Albert_Bouwman

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 6368 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

The original download includes a folder named Users Manual. In there is the Easy flight dynamics. Give it a try.

I cant comment on the other parts. I can ask our guys to look at it.
Cheers,

Albert Bouwman
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users