Photo

No Virtual Cockpit, No Gauges, No Wheels!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scon

scon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi

I have just installed the Md-81/82 for FSX. Upon loading up the aircraft there is no landing gear (gear doors are open and aircraft is sitting at the right height, but no visible gear) there is also no virtual cockpit, the start panel where you select screen type and VC type does nothing, I click on the icons and nothing happens. As such the entire virtual cockpit is missing. Also while the 2D panels are visible non of the gauges have loaded.

Any ideas

Windows 7 x64
FSX SP2 with Acceleration
Running DX9

Regards, Scott

#2 SilverBird

SilverBird

Co-Pilot

• Approved Member
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Airliners Anime Sculpting Computers

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hi

I have just installed the Md-81/82 for FSX. Upon loading up the aircraft there is no landing gear (gear doors are open and aircraft is sitting at the right height, but no visible gear) there is also no virtual cockpit, the start panel where you select screen type and VC type does nothing, I click on the icons and nothing happens. As such the entire virtual cockpit is missing. Also while the 2D panels are visible non of the gauges have loaded. I'm sure cls support will help you out with your problem.

Any ideas

Windows 7 x64
FSX SP2 with Acceleration
Running DX9

Regards, Scott

Hi Scott, the issues your describing I believe are signs of a security feature. of the cls md-80. unfortunately I do not know how to solve it.

Some times it could be antivirus blocking certain things or a bad corrupted install worse come to worse it could be on there side but thats rare. not sure exactly how there system works.
Cesar

#3 Missi

Missi

CLS Member

• CLS_member
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for perchace.

Can you check the dll.xml which is "C:\Users\(PCusename)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" folder?
After find the file, open it by Windows momepad or wordwad, find the entry of

<Name>MD80</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>MD80.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

May be you can find this entry at bottom of the document. And try to change the text of "MD80" to "MD82"
then save it. Please check how it goes after this edit. If the problem not solve by this edit, please report
here again.
MississiM

#4 SilverBird

SilverBird

Co-Pilot

• Approved Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hi Missi, it seems Im running into this same issue myself. I did reinstall delete gauges everything but same problem its odd I had her working before with in older build. tried the xml no changes still same problem double checking again. the gauges are trusted in fsx. will keep trying. thanks
Cesar

#5 Missi

Missi

CLS Member

• CLS_member
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

Ah,,Sorry for inconvinience :( Albert will answer to this problem soon. Please wait him...
MississiM

#6 SilverBird

SilverBird

Co-Pilot

• Approved Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Ah,,Sorry for inconvinience :( Albert will answer to this problem soon. Please wait him...

Hi Missi thanks for trying. Ill wait for Albert's response. and I just want to say that you have done a beautiful job with the model. I like the see threw windows with the people in it. I always look forward towards your feature models and projects.
Cesar

#7 macdawg

macdawg

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hello, And first let me say again that this is a fantastic ADD-ON.I love the model and I am sure that the VC/Interior is beautiful as well.I am unfortunately having the same problem i.e., no landing gear,no VC and no gauges in the 2D panel.I have the panel selection screen with 4 options, but none of the 4 monitor screens respond when I click on them. I have installed FSX GOLD EDITION. My OS is WINDOWS 7 Home Premium 64 BIT.Thank you for your help! Matt

#8 Missi

Missi

CLS Member

• CLS_member
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Thanks all for kindly word in spite of here is bug rumbling place :o
I hope you enjoy all features after problem solved :)

Exactly this is security treatment issue, so after dll entry is corrected
problem should be removed. this in only I can say by now.

Again, sorry for inconvenience.
MississiM

#9 scon

scon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:29 PM

Solved the issue on my end. Deleted my fsx.cfg file and reinstalled the latest version of FSUIPC (had it installed previously). Restarted FSX, and all is working ok. Looks like the installer maybe messed with FSUIPC.

#10 SilverBird

SilverBird

Co-Pilot

• Approved Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

Solved the issue on my end. Deleted my fsx.cfg file and reinstalled the latest version of FSUIPC (had it installed previously). Restarted FSX, and all is working ok. Looks like the installer maybe messed with FSUIPC.

Hi scon Ill try that over at my end. glade you got it working :) happy flying shes great. ;)

UPDATE

Shes working fine now! thanks scon and thanks to Missi for trying to figure out what it was. funny something so simple I also had FSUIPC so thats why I never bothered to check it I did not delete the fsx.cfg. B)

But after updating it fs wanted to ask if it was trusted maybe it got deleted or I just never had fspic registered in the fsx.cfg so if your having problems first download FSUIPC4 from 4.60 http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html wait till Albert see's this lol :lol:
Cesar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users