• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 peter197

peter197

• Approved Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi,
I have already made my own version of the CLS v1.5, with an electronic horizon, fmc and EHSI. I was wondering about 5 things.
1. In an update can we have an electronic artificial horizon that will fit properly?
2. In the space between the CDUs, please could there be the EHSI control and an MCU, both from ISGsim.
3. For the new FMS, could we have the IRS fully modelled such that we can align, so it can work with the fmc.
4. I noticed that on autopilot, the Smiths fmc will use use the heading hold and change it to go on its flight path. Will there be a switch dedicated to the fmc?
5. Finally, will there be switches in the vc to choose VNAV and LNAV?
Peter

#2 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts
  • Interests:FSX, PCs and everything related to these

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

1. I donīt think that there will be a new one but we will see
2. MCU will not be included
3. I donīt think that we will integrate IRS
4. what do you mean ? Some displays will be switched off when the FMC has control.
5. there will be several new buttons regarding LNAV, VNAV and EHSI control buttons in the VC
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#3 peter197

peter197

• Approved Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

1.bummer
2.bummer again.
3.bummer again and again.
4.What I mean is that the smiths fmc works in a weird way. For each waypoint, it uses headings and continually changes it to get to the waypoint instead of working properly.
5.Cool.
Thanks for your time.

#4 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

Remember this is an 747-200/-300 those planes did just very rarely have an FMC and I donīt know of ny with a MCU

Regarding 4. this will change a bit when the 747 V1.5 is available
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#5 ErnieAlston

ErnieAlston

• CLS_member
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

4.What I mean is that the smiths fmc works in a weird way. For each waypoint, it uses headings and continually changes it to get to the waypoint instead of working properly.

How is this different from a real aircraft ? The FMC tells the autopilot what heading to fly, and it turns to that heading, right ?

Its no different than if the pilot dialed in the heading in the MCP window, except the FMC can do faster and more accurately. In a real airliner when the aircraft is in LNAV the heading interface between the pilot and the autopilot is blocked (usually the heading window is disabled or blanked) so the autopilot does not get conflicting heading instructions.

The reason you see the heading changes in the MCP heading window with ISG1 is that there is no practical way to disable the heading window, the heading window in most FS aircraft panels is synched to the autopilot, you can't change one without also changing the other.

In V1.5 the MCP panel is customized for LNAV, the heading window will be blanked and disabled while LNAV is the active roll mode.

Regards.
Ernie.

#6 peter197

peter197

• Approved Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

Oh, OK.
Thanks!

#7 Plexi1

Plexi1

StarCaptain

• Root Admin
  • 1012 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

we will show some pictures soon, it just got delayed a bit because we are working at multiple releases at once at the moment.
Greetings

Gilbert Friemelt

Posted Image

#8 peter197

peter197

• Approved Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

When will it? I'm really keen for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users